By now we’ve all heard about the tragic act of terrorism inflicted on the people of Flint, MI. Yes, make no mistake this is an act of terrorism on a mass scale. 100,000 people have been allowed to drink poisoned water for over 2 years. 8,000 children will suffer from the affects of lead poisoning for the rest of their lives. This is a plan not even ISIS could dream up but Michigan’s governor, Rick Snyder, made it a reality.
Michael Moore is one of the many celebrities who have been outspoken about the water crisis in Flint. He recently posted a picture of himself holding a pair of handcuffs and a hashtag hand written on a piece of paper that read #ArrestGovSnyder in a recent post on his web site http://michaelmoore.com. While sending water is important and helps in a very short term basis (Flint has 102,000 citizens, each needing 200 bottles of water per day – which equals 20.4million 16oz. bottles of water per day, every day, for the next year or two until this problem is fixed), he details a plan of action to help the people of Flint on a long term basis.
Here is what his plan entails:
- Demand the removal and arrest of Rick Snyder, the Governor of Michigan. Whether it’s via resignation, recall or prosecution, this must happen now because he is still refusing to take the aggressive and immediate action needed.
- Make the State of Michigan pay for the disaster that the State of Michigan created.
- The Federal Government must then be placed in charge.
- Evacuate any and all Flint residents who want to leave now.
- For those who choose to stay in Flint, FEMA must create a temporary water system in each home.
For a more detailed explanation of this plan and to sign the petition go to http://michaelmoore.com/DontSendBottledWater/.
Demand that the federal government take action, demand that Gov. Snyder be removed from office AND brought up on charges. A crime against humanity has been committed against the men, women and innocent children of Flint. The perpetrators of this heinous act must be held accountable.